Has been mainly about distracting ourselves. We heard on Monday that our house move might have fallen through. I won’t go into details here about our situation, as it’s still developing and involves the rest of our chain, but basically we might not be able to buy the house we want. We were near reaching the point when everything was signed and we would have a moving date, so it was a bit of shock. Things could still sort themselves out – hopefully this week – so please cross your fingers for us!
Distracting ourselves has mainly taken the form of seeing friends; a cheeky drink at lunchtime in our lovely local gastro pub and lots of Good Life DVDs. So despite the house never being far from our mines, still not a bad weekend.
The week to come…
We’ll ignore the hope of house news, as I’m in danger of sounding like a broken record. Other than that, I’ve got lots of crochet time this week, with hardly any evenings out – heaven with the snowy weather! Although we have got one evening out to see the Jersey Boys at the theatre with my parents and Will so I’m looking forward to that.
5 things I’m grateful for right now…
- My wonderful Mum and Dad – had lunch at theirs today with some family friends and they are super.
- Will being home from his work trip – it was very lovely having him back this weekend.
- Very nice glasses of prosecco.
- Getting out all my old games for the younger visitors at my parents earlier – so much nostalgia!
- The Good Life, if you haven’t ever watched this seventies comedic gem, then go seek out a box set now.