Well we’ve done it, first week back at work complete after Christmas. Will and I were so exhausted by Friday, but I think we’re back in the swing now and ready to tackle the working year.
There were lie-ins, there was a tasty lunch out, a cinema trip and a girly night with my friend. All in all it was a very lovely relaxed weekend. As I mentioned last week, Will and I always try to do something fun the first weekend in January. It’s to remind ourselves to make the most of our free time, especially at the time of year when it’s cold and and everyone’s feeling poor after Christmas. This year we rather randomly went to laser tag with some friends from work, we did end up getting chased by some six year olds – but it was so much fun. We followed it by a trip to a nice pub that served mulled cider – so delicious and a perfect way to spend a winter’s day.
The week to come…
It’s a busy one, think we have something planned for every night this week. My craft group is starting back up again after the Christmas break, and I don’t have an obvious project to take along. I realised that after finishing wedding crafting, then Christmas crafting, I can actually just start any projects I want. It’s quite liberating. I’ve decided to attempt a crochet blanket, so I need to decide on colours and order wool this week – eeek!
5 things I’m grateful for right now…
- There was a suggestion of a house moving date this week, it actually seems to be happening. We are so lucky that we’re hopefully moving into a lovely new home by the end of January.
- At the same time, I’m happily sitting in our cozy living room, and I never forget how lucky we are to be warm and dry in own our home. It’s so easy to take it for granted.
- Super cheap leftover Christmas chocolate in our local shop. 25p for chocolate coins – amazing!
- Long chats with good friends which involve lots of inappropriate jokes.
- Sleeping well. It was so hard getting up this week, but it’s only because our bed is so comfortable, and I’m sleeping so well. This isn’t always the case, so I’m valuing it at the moment. Though it really is hard leaving my warm bed when it’s actually dark outside.